Bank Holiday Community Celebration
This Easter Bank Holiday weekend will be a great time to enjoy a visit to Sidmouth. The weather is predicted to be excellent so everything is crossed, not just the buns!
Good Friday April 18th will see the annual distribution of the hot cross buns and Easter eggs to children. This starts at 9am on the Bedford Lawn car park. If the weather does turn against the event then it will be moved to the St. John Ambulance Hall in Blackmore Drive.
There will also be a performance by the Sidmouth Town Band during the event which has been going for more than 30 years.
Easter Monday April 21st is the 1st Sidmouth Sea Fest! This take place on the Ham Green at the eastern end of the esplanade. The following events are taking place -
- The Fish Kitchen – locally caught inshore fish preparation and cooking demonstrations!
- Easter Fish Hunt – take part in the Sea Fest Easter Fish Hunt – head into town and find the fish in Sidmouth shops. Head back to the Ham and win a prize!
- The Gig Longboats – have a go in a Gig
- Jurassic Paddles
- Casting On and Casting Off – knit a fish!
- Fish casting – paint a cast of an inshore fish
- T Shirt printing – print your own fish t-shirt
- Japanese print rubbing
- Crafts and Storytelling
- Plenty of games – whack-a-fish, the fish stocks, hook a fish and more!
- Coastal Heritage
- Traditional Skills
- Live Music
- The Lifeboat and much more!
For more information on the event the website can be found here - Sidmouth Sea Fest Website
Easter Bank Holiday family fun day on the Ham Green.