Not long to go now
With the Devon stage of the Tour of Britain fast approaching on the 20th September, the Town is shaping up nicely for the event. It is important to realise the scale of the event itself with road closures and safety procedures that are being sent around the town to prepare people.
Here you can find out information on road closures, parking restrictions and estimated times of when the riders are expected to arrive a particular points throughout the race.
Important information The road from Bovey Tracey to Haytor (B3387) will be closed from 9pm on Thursday 19th September. Please use the Park and Ride and remember that camping is NOT allowed on Haytor Down.
Road closures in SidmouthThursday 19th September. Road closures will be in effect from 5pm to 8pm on
- The Esplanade (Glen Road to port Royal – eastern end)
- Station Road (Fortfield Terrace to The Esplanade)
- Chapel Road (The Esplanade to Chapel Street)
- Chapel Street (Chapel Road to Church Street)
- Prospect Place (Market Square to The Esplanade)
- Dove Lane (Fore Street to Prospect Place)
- New Street (Fore Street to Market Square)
- Fore Street (High Street to The Esplanade)
- Russell Street (High Street to Mill Street)
- Ham Lane (The Esplanade to East Street)
- York Street (East Street to Russell Street)
- Mill Street (Russell Street to High Street)
- High Street (Blackmore Drive to Fore Street)
- Old Fore Street (High Street to Market Place)
- Church Street (Market place to The Triangle)
Bus and vehicle access to Bedford Car Park on Station Road will be permitted up to 6pm on Thursday 19 September, and on-street parking will be suspended from 4pm on Thursday 19 September on The Esplanade, Glen Road (The Esplanade to Manor Road), Station Road (The Esplanade roundabout towards The Triangle), High Street (Mill Street to Russell Street), Fore Street, Old Fore Street, Mill Street, New Street, Church Street, Market Place, and The Triangle.
Friday 20th September. The following roads will be closed to vehicles from 5am to 1pm
- Peak Hill Road (Manor Road to Glen Road)
- The Esplanade (Glen Road to Port Royal – eastern end)
- Station Road (The Esplanade to The Triangle)
- Prospect Place (The Esplanade to New Street)
- Dove Lane
- Fore Street (The Esplanade to New Street)
- Ham Lane (The Esplanade to York Street) Emergency vehicles only
Access will be permitted to Bedford Car Park in Station Road. Fore Street (New Street to High Street), and High Street (Fore Street to All Saints Road) will be closed to vehicles from 8.30am to 12noon.
On-street parking will be suspended from 5am to 1pm on Friday 20 September along The Esplanade, Glen Road (The Esplanade to Manor Road), Station Road (The Esplanade to The Triangle), High Street, Fore Street, Old Fore Street, New Street, and Vicarage Road (Salcombe Road towards Sidbury).
The A375 (from All Saints Road towards Sidbury) will be subject to a rolling road closure once the race is underway, which is scheduled at 11am.
This information has been provided by Devon County Council.
Estimated times of arrival.
- The Esplanade Sidmouth START
- Outside Blundell's School SPRINT
- West Exe Street Tiverton
- Stoke Canon
- Pennsylvania Road KoM
- Exeter High Street SPRINT
- Mamhead KoM
- Chudleigh SPRINT
- Six Mile Hill SPRINT
- Bovey Tracey
- Entrance to Parke Estate KoM START
- Haytor, Dartmoor FINISH